Pilgrimage to Tibet!
Time & Location
About The Event
The 15 day Tibetan Tour and Kailash Kora itinerary. I am still working with our guide Gyaltsen on the exact details but below you have a pretty concise outline of what we will do whilst in Tibet. The exact dates of certain stops might change - we will probably go to Lake Manasarovar after Mt Kailash so we can swim in the lake and then bathe in the hot baths after trekking.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS TRIP IS AT HIGH ALTITUDES! LHASA (THE CAPITAL CITY) IS AT 3656m! We will take 3 days to acclimatize once we arrive in Lhasa before heading off towards the western side of Tibet and the Himalaya.
YOU WILL NEED TO BE RELATIVELY FIT TO ENDURE THE TREKKING AROUND MT KAILASH WHICH REACHES ALTITUDE OF 6000m. This trek is not obligatory, we can arrange for you to stay in Darchen and take walks around the village whilst the rest of the group treks (3 days). You will need to let us know in advance if this is what you wish to do.
YOU WILL NEED TO GET A CHINESE VISA TO ENTER TIBET! We can help you with this over the next few months.
We will find times each day to practice different forms of yoga and meditation whilst enjoying the stunning scenery at the very top of Planet Earth!
I have travelled with our guide Gyaltsen before and can assure you he is a very authentic Tibetan with much experience of westerners! He is filled with stories of his very interesting and challenging life in and out of Tibet and will keep everyone entertained and safe throughout our trip. We have designed the tour to be as authentically Tibetan as possible and will even be spending a day with a Tibetan family cooking, painting flags and engaging in Tibetan activities.
It is truly and INCREDIBLE experience and well worth your commitment if you feel called! The trip will be conducted in ENGLISH. Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Please let me know ASAP if you wish to join as spaces are limited to 10 people!
The inclusive price for 15 days is $2200 (USD) per person.
• All necessary Travel Permits to travel in Tibet
• All accommodations based on double occupancy: hotels in Lhasa, Shigatse, Saga
and Darchen, monastery hotel in Samye, tent guesthouse by Mt Everest,
Monastery guest houses during the trek around Mt Kailash
• Breakfast when staying in hotels, but not in guesthouses (Mt Everest)
• Assistance with your Chinese visa application
• Airport pick up and drop off
• Ground transportation in a clean and comfortable vehicle
• English speaking Tibetan guide
• All entrance fees, tickets to the attraction sites and monasteries outlined in the
• First Aid Kit
• Oxygen supply
Price doesn't include:
• Passport and Chinese visa fees
• International airfares to and from China
• Photography fees inside monasteries
• Flight or train tickets to Tibet
• Dinner in the cities and all meals when staying in guesthouses (approx cost of
• Travel insurance
• Medical expenses
• Tips for guides, drivers, and porters
• Porter and/or horse fees during the trek
• Personal expenses: laundry, shopping, phone calls, etc.